BettorEdge Help Center

Markets

Markets Overview


BettorEdge markets provide a platform for players to buy and sell outcomes of sporting events. The prices our players buy and sell at is determined by the probability of the predicted outcome. If two players agree on the probability of an outcome, a trade occurs and bet positions are created. When describing BettorEdge markets, think of a stock market for sports. However, instead of buying and selling the stock of a company, players on BettorEdge buy and sell outcomes of sporting events or futures. Just like with stocks, not all sporting event outcomes are valued equally. Predicting the favored team to win should be more expensive than predicting the underdog team to win.




Predictive Outcomes


All markets on BettorEdge are based on some sporting event or future. Sporting events all result in 2 potential outcomes: 1) Away Team Wins 2) Home Team Wins *Refer below for how ties are handled On BettorEdge players buy or sell one of the 2 outcomes. Each outcome is represented as a single position. Players can purchase more than one by increasing the units they wish to purchase. Each unit is worth $1. Example: Player A buys 100 units of Away Team Wins for $100 Player B buys 100 units of Home Team Wins for $100 Price (What is the price of a predicted outcome?) The price of a predicted outcome is the probability that it will occur. The probability of an outcome is always somewhere between 0% - 100%. The more likely the outcome, the higher the probability. Players set the price (probability) by creating orders with the maximum price they are willing to purchase at (or minimum price they are willing to sell at). This price will react to new information (i.e., a match is underway, or an injury occurs) until the event is completed. Example: Player A buys 100 units of Away Team Wins at 65% probability for $100 Player B buys 100 units of home Team Wins at 35% probability for $100 At this point you may be wondering, what is the impact of setting this price?




Future Value (FV)


Future value is the amount that will be paid out if the predicted outcome occurs. This amount is determined directly from the price (probability) of the outcome and the quantity purchased. The lower the probability, the higher the future value. (higher risk, higher reward)
Example: Player A buys 100 units of Away Team Wins at 65% probability for $100 with a FV of $153.80 Player B buys 100 units of home Team Wins at 35% probability for $100 with a FV of $286.00 As you can see, Player A’s purchase is more expensive because the probability is higher than Player B’s purchase




Orders


Orders are an offer to purchase or sell a bet position. An order has four key elements: 1) Predicted Outcome: The predicted outcome of a specific event or future. (i.e., Kansas City will win by 7). 2) Probability (price): The probability that the predicted outcome will occur (i.e., 50%). The price a player sets to buy or sell at is determined by the probability of the predicted outcome. 3) Quantity: The amount of the predicted outcome a user wants to purchase or sell. This is represented as either cash / edge coins (buy order) or units of a bet position (sell order). 4) Expiration Date: The timestamp when any unfulfilled quantity on the order will expire and return to the users wallet (buy order) or to a bet position (sell order).




Buy Buy Scenario


Two buy orders of opposite predicted outcomes where the combined probability = 100%
Example: Player A orders away team win setting maximum probability at 65% Player B order home team win setting maximum probability at 35% Since the combined probability equals 100%, these orders will fulfill




Sell Sell Scenario


One buy order and one sell order of the same predicted outcome where the probabilities equal Example: Player A orders away team wins setting maximum probability at 65% Player B sells away team wins setting minimum probability at 65% Since the probabilities equal, these orders will fulfill




Bet Position


A bet position is the fulfilled quantity of buy orders. Bet positions can be thought of as bets and will act as a traditional bet. However, on the BettorEdge platform, they act more like a stock than a traditional bet. Just like a stock, you can buy more of it and even sell it through a sell order. You also have the power to hold it like a traditional bet and get paid out based on the result of the event. You can do the following with a bet position:

1) Hold as traditional bet - if you like your position and are confident that the predicted outcome will hold true, you can hold the risk until the event closes and be paid out based on the result: a. Correct Pick - Paid the future value amount b. Incorrect Pick - Paid out 0 c. Inconclusive (tie, cancellation, etc) - Paid out the quantity you own 2) Sell part or all of it - Depending on how the market is moving, you can cash in some of the future value by selling the position before the event closes. Selling can result in the following: a. Sold probability is lower than my position - Cash received will be less than my purchase quantity but greater than $0 b. Sold probability is higher than my position - Cash received will be more than my purchase quantity but less than the future value




Order Fulfillment


Fulfillment occurs when two orders agree on the price (probability) of a predicted outcome. At the point of fulfillment an order will be converted into a bet position.
Matched orders are fulfilled based on the future value of the order. Since BettorEdge does not take any positions ourselves, we only fulfill orders to the amount that can be matched by another buyer. Not a penny more or less. This can result in an order being completely or partially fulfilled Partially Fulfilled - Some of the order quantity is converted into a bet position. The remaining order will stay open until the expiration date or cancellation for future fulfillment Completely Fulfilled - All of the order quantity is converted into a bet position.





Competitions

Competitions Overview


Competitions allow for multiple players to compete for a common pool of winnings. Players are able to win by having the most success in relation to others in the competition. Lines and Odds for specific events in a competition default to current BettorEdge market odds and the event creator has the ability to adjust the line/probability (odds). Players are able to compete in a public competition or setup a private competition with friends. See the below details for options and further details around competitions.
Visibility Public - Competition may be joined by anyone on the BettorEdge Platform Private - Competition can only be joined by invite Competition Type: Pick-Em - Allows for players to select preferred picks; the winner is determined by the player with the most correct picks at the end of the competition Wager Based - Allows players to wager or bid a certain amount of funds towards a various events; the winner is determined by the player with the most funds at the end of the competition Time Parameter Event Based - Sets the competition to be limited by the events selected Time Based - Sets the competition duration to align to a specific end time. Sports All - Allow players to select events across multiple sports NFL - Allows players to only select from NFL events NCAAF - Allows players to only select from NCAAF events NBA - Allows players to only select from NBA events NCAAM - Allows players to only select from NCAAM events NHL - Allows players to only select from NHL events Wager Type All - Players to have a choice select use any pick type Winners - Players can select winners of the event Margins - Players can select against the margin (spread) of the event Total Points - Allows for players to select over or under of the event Included Events All - Players can select events for pick/wager against all active sports selected Custom - A subset of events is selected for players in the competition Payout Options Battle Royale - Winner takes all in Battle Royale; Double Up - Top 50% of compeition takes lower 50%; Payout for a private competition is number of players * ticket price Payout for a public competition is number of players * ticket price Add / Update Events - Allows for a user to select the specific events in the competition Selecting Events - Click the + to include the event and the x to remove the event Modify Lines and Odds - Use to adjust spread, total points or probability from the BettorEdge current market values Enter Ticket Price Ticket Price is the price of admission for a player to enter the competition Invite Players - Allows for the competition to be sent directly to any friends/players for competition Finalize Settings Required Picks - Sets the total number of picks available in the competition Maximum Tickets - Defines the maximum number of player entrants to enter the competition Competition Code (for Private Events) - Allows for you to enter a custom code for players to find the competition




Creating Competitions


Players are able to create a competition for public or private purposes. The steps to create a competition are as follows: 1. Click on Competitions 2. Click Create a. Enter Competition Name b. Select the visibility (public vs. private) c. Select the Competition Type (Pick-Em vs. Wager) d. Select Time Parameters for which the competition will last (event based or time based) e. Select the sports you wish for the competition to span across f. Select the types that the competition can utilize (Winners, Margins, or Total Points) g. Select if you want to limit the events in the competition to a certain subset of the total upcoming events in that sport. h. Complete the payout options of your choice (Battle Royale) 3. Click “Next: Add / Update Events” a. Add or remove any events from the competition by clicking on the + / - to the left of each event 4. Click “Next: Enter Ticket Price” a. Input the ticket price that allows for other users to join the competition. 5. Click “Next: Invite Players” a. Send a direct invite to existing players on the platform or invite others from your contacts b. Feel free to search to find a specific contact you wish to invite 6. Click “Next: Final Settings” a. Required Picks: Enter the number of required picks a user must select in the competition b. Maximum Tickets: Enter the maximum number of players that are able to enter the competition





Head-To-Head Challenges

Head-to-Head Challenges Overview


Head to Head Challenges allow for you to send a bet directly with another player.




Creating a Challenge


Open Left Side Menu Select Head to Head Challenges Click “+” on the bottom right Use the search in order to find a challenger to compete against Step 1: Select the Challenger and click Next Step 2: Select the amount you wish to wager in your challenge Step 3: Select the event Step 4: Choose your options, including “Team”, “Challenge Type”, “Margin”, and “Price/Odds” Step 5: Review your Challenge and click “Send Challenge”




Accepting a Challenge


Accepting a Challenge or Checking Status of Non-Accepted Challenges Open Left Side Menu Select Head to Head Challenges Select “Awaiting Response” to see a full listing of challenges open to you for accepting Checking a Matched Challenge Status Open Left Side Menu Select Head to Head Challenges Open “Active Challenge” in order to see all challenges currently wait for event outcome for resolution




Checking Status of a Challenge


Open Left Side Menu Select Head to Head Challenges Open “Awaiting Response” to see a full listing of challenges you have proposed but have not yet been accepted Open “Active Challenge” in order to see all challenges currently waiting for event outcome for resolution





Profile and Social

Social Community


After creating your account, complete your profile and start engaging in the BettorEdge Community to unlock the full BettorEdge experience.

Complete your profile by simply adding a photo and short bio tagline about yourself. Then start interacting with the community by searching and following other players. Like and comment on their activities or directly message players to share tips or talk smack!

You can even personalize your own activity feed activities by managing your activity share settings to post orders you create, competitions you enter, or new followers you gain.





Account Management

Creating Your Account


Joining the BettorEdge community is a quick and simple 4 step process: 1) Visit our website app: Visit https://app.bettoredge.com and accept our terms of use 2) Tell us about yourself: Select the create account option and provide your full name, email address, and phone number
3) Create your credentials: Select a unique username and password 4) Verify your information: Verify your phone number, email address, and your identity. (see more details on this below) Start enjoying the app and complete your profile for full experience! Please note: Know Your Customer (KYC) must be completed to fully verify your account. This is required in order to make a deposit to leverage the for money platform. The KYC process is required in order to positively identify our customers and comply with regulatory requirements while ensuring the security of accounts. For KYC to verify, we’ll need name, email, phone, date of birth, ID images, and a photo/selfie. In some instances, we may request additional information in order to identify our customers. Once your account is verified, you will be able to use real money in order to make deposits, place orders, compete in competitions or head-to-head challenges on the BettorEdge platform.




Updating Your Account


In order to update Account Settings, open the left side menu and click on “Account Settings”. Within Account Settings, you’ll be able to update your Name, Email, Phone, Date of Birth, Password, Notification Preferences, Payment Details for Deposit/Withdrawal, and Social Integrations. However, once your account is verified through KYC, you will not be able to change your name or Date of Birth as these details are verified. If you have any adjustments needed, please reach out to Support@BettorEdge.com




Account Wallet


Adding and withdrawing funds from your BettorEdge wallet is quick and easy! We have partnered with trusted and reliable companies to give our customers the best possible experience! ACH Bank Transfer is available to add or remove funds from your BettorEdge Wallet.





bettoredge-logo.png

Contact us:

Support@BettorEdge.com

Address:

P.O. Box 26392

Minneapolis, MN 55426

Give us a follow on your favorite social media!

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle
  • LinkedIn - White Circle

© 2020 by Trifecta Sports. Terms of Use • Privacy Policy